About Gadsby Wicks
Every year, we help people claim millions in compensation. We are among the best firms of solicitors in England for clinical negligence. It’s our only focus and you will never find us working in other areas of the law.
of our cases are resolved
without going to court
is the year Gadsby
Wicks was founded
Committed to seeking justice for medical negligence
While it’s common for general practice solicitors to take on medical negligence cases, they don’t have the specialist knowledge to secure the compensation you need to get your life back on track.
At Gadsby Wicks, we only focus on clinical negligence – from birth injury and misdiagnosis, to delayed treatment and surgical complications – to ensure we achieve the best outcome for you.
Not all cases will be successful in obtaining compensation, which is why we never make promises we can’t keep. If we are unable to find signs of wrongdoing, our in-depth investigation will still help you find answers that give you closure and help you move forward.
Leading legal representation since 1993
Gadsby Wicks’ Co-founder and Managing Partner, Gillian Gadsby, qualified as a solicitor in 1989. In the years that followed, she specialised in clinical negligence and found that this area of law required significant expertise and resources – a fact at odds with how generalist firms were often run.
“We realised that the best way to represent clients who had suffered substandard care was to do it within our own specialist, niche practice – so that is what we did.”
Gillian Gadsby and partner Roger Wicks founded Gadsby Wicks in 1993. Since then, we have remained solely focused on clinical negligence, growing to a team of 10 dedicated solicitors, and winning millions in compensation for our clients.
7 reasons people trust Gadsby Wicks
- Through decades of experience, we have a proven track record of handling complex clinical negligence cases and securing justice for our clients
- We were the first firm in England to have two or more lawyers accredited as clinical negligence specialists by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- All of our solicitors are regulated by The Law Society and strive for excellence to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients
- We assess all available evidence and consult impartial medical professionals to provide answers to every claim, even in the absence of compensation
- Our thorough investigations and strong negotiation skills mean 96% of our cases settle without proceeding to Court
- We assign one solicitor to every case as a way to support claimants from beginning to end through what may be a difficult, years-long process
- We offer our legal services on a 'No Win, No Fee' basis to ensure that our expertise is accessible to anyone who needs it, with no financial risk
The value of clinical negligence expertise
Investigating all available evidence, and combining that key information into an effective claim is a difficult task – a generalist firm is unlikely to have the experience to do this effectively.
Working with a law firm you can trust when making a claim can lead to the following benefits:
- Increased likelihood of success
- A better outcome
- Assistance in obtaining answers
- Support through what may be a challenging process
While no-one can undo the emotional or physical damage you have endured, working with a true specialist can secure a future for you or your loved ones.
To know more about Gadsby Wicks and how we can help you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
What makes us experts?
- We have been dedicated to medical negligence since 1993
- We are the first firm in England to have two or more lawyers accredited as accredited clinical negligence specialists by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Four of our solicitors are also accredited by the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme
- We have in-house medical professionals to assist with your case
- Managing Partner Gillian Gadsby is on the Clinical Negligence Specialist Panel for the Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA) charity
While it’s common for general practice solicitors to take on medical negligence cases, they don’t have the specialist knowledge needed to get the best possible outcome. You can trust us because we have the experience, expertise and dedication to support you through these difficult times and secure the compensation you deserve.
AvMA endorsed firm
Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA) is a leading voice for patient safety in the UK. Gadsby Wicks is honoured to be an AvMA accredited solicitor as it is a mark that denotes our extensive experience representing patients in clinical negligence cases.
APIL accredited solicitors
The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) promotes expertise in personal injury law for the benefit of injured people. As an APIL accredited practice, we are committed to acting in the best interest of our clients at all times.
Member of SCIL
The objective of the Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers (SCIL) is to improve the handling of clinical negligence claims, and to shape public policy for the benefit of injured individuals. Being a member of this scheme is a sign of quality, and a mark of trust for our clients.
Lexcel accredited solicitors
Lexcel is an accreditation for The Law Society, and the industry benchmark for care, compliance and quality management. Gadsby Wicks are proud to be an accredited practice and described as a “Centre of Excellence”, upholding the highest standards across all areas of our field.
UKAS ISO 9001 certified
ISO 9001 is the world’s most recognised quality management system standard. As a practice with this certification, it signifies the high-quality, consistent service we provide to clients at every stage of the process.
If you would like to know more about us and what we do, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
All our lawyers are
regulated by The Law Society.
We only take on your case if we truly
believe we can win it for you.
No win, no fee. Fund your
claim without any financial risk.
Lexcel accredited solicitors
We are proud to be a Lexcel accredited practice. The accreditation is a mark of quality and comes directly from the Law Society.
A recent assessment described us as a “Centre of Excellence” and we continue to operate to the highest standards across all main areas of our field. These include client care, case management, financial management, structure and strategy, people management, risk management, information management and file management.