David developed breathing difficulties following his birth and was admitted to the Special Care Baby Unit at the local hospital. A venflon was fitted in his left foot to allow the staff to administer fluid and medication intravenously. The needle was not fitted correctly and some of the medication leaked out into the skin around the needle site causing burning and scarring. David later developed a slight deformity in his lower leg because of the scar tissue.
We pursued a claim for David for the pain and disability he suffered.Posted in Medication errors