Here are some sites that you may find useful or interesting.
Please note: Gadsby Wicks are not responsible for the content of external internet sites. [to check and update. Query, can we make this more user friendly through e.g accordion reveal? To be discussed]
- AvMA - A charity that represents the interests of people who have suffered a medical accident.
- The Patients Association - A charity that represents patients.
- Citizens Advice Bureau- A service that helps people at local level to resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice.
- MRSA Action UK - A registered charity providing support and information for anyone affected or wanting to know about MRSA
- Mind- A charity that offers help and support to people with mental distress.
- The Erb’s Palsy Group - A charity that offers help and support to parents and children with erb’s palsy.
- Rethink - A charity that supports people with severe mental illness.
- Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services (AIMS) - A voluntary organisation that campaigns for improved maternity services.
- National Childbirth Trust- A charity that provides antenatal education and postnatal support for parents.
- Patient Concern- An independent organization that campaigns on issues that matter to patients.
- Witness - A charity that provides a helpline and support for people who have been abused by health and social care workers.
- The Ministry of Justice - The government department that administers the court service.
- The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman - A government sponsored official who has the authority to enquire into complaints of mal-administration within the National Health Service.
- The National Patient Safety Agency - A government body that collects and analyses information on adverse health events with a view to identifying the risk and produces solutions to prevent them happening again.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) - A government body that has responsibility for advising the National Health Service on the most effective treatment options.
- The Care Quality Commission - The government sponsored body that regulates health and social care in England whether provided by the NHS, private companies or voluntary organisations.
- Law Society - The body that represents solicitors.
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority - The body that regulates solicitors.
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council - The body that regulates nurses and midwives.
- General Medical Council - The body that regulates doctors.
- Mid Essex Law Society
- The Legal Ombudsman - The government-sponsored official who has the authority to resolve complaints about lawyers.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) - A membership organisation of over 5,000 solicitors and barristers who specialise in personal injury claims on behalf of Claimants.
- SCIL – the Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers.
- The Academy of Experts - A membership society for expert witnesses.
- The Expert Witness Institute - A membership organisation for expert witnesses.
- The British Medical Association - The body that represents doctors.
- The Royal Society of Medicine - A private members organisation, which is open to doctors and other professionally qualified people who have an interest in medicine.
- Legal Aid Agency - A government agency that administers the legal aid scheme.
Barristers Chambers specialising in medical negligence cases
- 1 Crown Office Row
- 3 Serjeants’ Inn
- 7 Bedford Row
- Crown Office Chambers
- 42 Bedford Row
- Hailsham Chambers
- Outer Temple Chambers
- Temple Legal Protection Ltd - A provider of insurance for conditional fee litigation.
- First Assist - A provider of insurance for conditional fee litigation.