Failure to diagnose septicaemia – £128,000

In May 1995 Mr Morgan was admitted to hospital suffering from a generalised infection caused by staphylococcal bacteria. He was not given adequate antibiotic treatment and the infection spread to his heart and to his spine. Despite a number of admissions to various hospitals he did not receive appropriate treatment and he subsequently died of multiple organ failure caused by overwhelming infection.

We obtained advice from independent experts and pursued a claim on behalf of Mr Morgan’s family on the basis that prompt diagnosis of the infection and treatment with antibiotics would have prevented his death.

Posted in Infection

Gadsby Wicks